Who said that a monsoon day does not generate units exceeding your expectations? A whopping 5.5 units per kW in one day! An ideal case is when 1 kW produces 5 units in a day. But, Indian technology (Emmvee Solar) seems to have taken us by surprise. An almost smooth curve can be seen for the 25th August, 2015 (a day from the monsoons). This generation can be measured on a real time basis on the web. The inverter is connected to the internet which constantly measures the generation at every instant producing the curve (as shown below). This curve has been mapped by the software ‘SolarWeb’ linked to a ‘Fronius’ inverter.
In case the system stops producing power at any given time on a perfectly sunny day the smoothness of the curve will be disturbed. Then, you know it’s time to ring up your EPC company or refer to your maintenance manual for troubleshooting the problem. Following are the possible problems that may come in the way of proper functioning of the solar power system:
- Dust accumulation on the solar panels
- Shading of the solar panels
- Breakage of the solar panels
- Bird dropping on solar panels
- Faulty inverter
- Lose/improper internet connection with the solar power system
Solar Panels on the Emmvee Cafeteria Roof
Solar Panels on the Emmvee Factory facade If you do plan to install a solar power system soon, you should then consider picking Emmvee solar as your choice of solar panels for two reasons-
- It is an Indian make panel that performs well. It’s supporting and giving a push to the manufacturing facilities in India promoting a greater cause- Growth of India as an economy
- Also, you get the benefit of claiming subsidy for different capacities (FormA, FormB) (by MNRE) if you purchase Indian make solar panels reducing the upfront cost involved in installing a solar power system
If you think you’re ready for modernizing your living with solar energy, click here to get a free proposal from Sunkalp.