Success Story is of a 100 kWp Rooftop Solar Power Plant at DPS International School, Gurgaon installed by BD Khanna Estates Pvt. Ltd.
- The Client: DPS International School, Gurgaon: DPS International, Gurgaon a co- educational school uses the best practices available in International Education to help students develop into well rounded, responsible individuals with a wide range of skills and ability to analyse complex issues of local, national and global significance. As an International Baccalaureate® (IB) school, DPSI offers a continuum of Primary Years Programme, Midlde Years Programme and the Diploma Programme. These programmes encourage both personal and academic achievement, challenging students to excel in their studies and in their personal development.
- The EPC: Sunkalp Energy, M/S BD Khanna Estates P Ltd is one of the premier roof-top solar companies in North India and a grade A channel partner of MNRE. Having presence in Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Maharashtra and Rajasthan and having been in the roof-top solar industry since 2012, it has executed the largest roof-top project in Rajasthan at the Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences. Executed more than 100 roof-top solar projects and boasts a client list that includes Apeejay Group and the Reserve Bank of India
- The SNA: HAREDA: The Department is responsible for formulating policies and programmes necessary for popularizing the applications of various renewable sources of energy in the State. It is implementing various schemes concerning utilization of solar energy, biogas, micro hydel, biomas Energy etc. It is acting as a State Designated Agency for the implementation of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001 for taking full advantage of fiscal and financial incentives made available by MNRE.
The DPS International School, Gurgaon is an architectural beauty. Naturally, in addition to going green, the school wanted to preserve it’s look and image. Keeping these two factors in mind the below briefing was given to Sunkalp.
The Briefing- Client’s Key Requirements Roof to remain untouched, i.e. no drilling Fit at least 5% of connected load, i.e. 100 kWp Solar Façade to remain untouched, i.e. no visible strips or cables Solar Installation not be visible from outside the school School to not be disturbed during construction.
Guaranteed generation despite shadow on roof from clock tower, flag and mumtee.
- A detailed shadow analysis was done for both the available roofs to prepare an optimized arrangement.
- In order to maximize the capacity in the limited roof area and negate the shadow effect, three different types of structures were installed at DPS International School: Single Portrait, Double Portrait and Ballasted
- Further to ensure proper system safety while keeping in mind that the façade or roof are not damaged below design elements were included. Chemical Earthing with Cu bonded electrodes and connection with hidden Cu Cables and GI Strips Use of ESE type LA to cover the entire spread of system Design of foundations as per IS 875 to counteract wind load without penetrating the roof
For details on components used and solar generation refer to the presentation!